Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bohemian Like You

So quite a while ago, I took a trip to Prague.

Image

The quad and I had planned this, our very last trip, at almost the very beginning of the year. We were excited at the prospect of the illustrious Christmas Market, where we could attend the Christmas tree lighting and shop for homemade gifts.

Image

Image

Truth be told, the Christmas tree lighting was a bit horrific (10,000 people in one square is a recipe for disaster) and while the market held some gems, it was overall a bit underwhelming.  That is, of course, aside from trdelniks (tur-dle-nyeeks), the world's most delicious and mitten-friendly rendition of fried dough.

ImageThe former capital of Bohemia exuded cool in so many ways other than this Christmassy explosion. Prague held more for me in its delicious vegetarian buffets, absurd variety of cheap beer, beautiful architecture, astrological clocks, informative tour guides, beautiful John Lennon wall, and, most of all, fun time spent with the friends I had to bid adieu to just a week later.

Image

IMG_8934

Image

Image

Image

I suppose I have been putting off writing this because, with the publishing of this last travel-related post, it really feels as if my adventure is over. I had more fun than I can ever explain, and I'll always cherish the friendships I made at the castle, whether they be at American Night in Well or getting lost in the winding streets of Montmarte. These are memories I will never forget, and I'm so glad to have had this experience I've dreamed of since I was a child. I return home much poorer, but much wiser, I'd like to think. It's impossible to see so much of the outside world and not change at all. I'd say I'm changed for the better. This piece of wisdom from the John Lennon wall sums it up quite nicely:

Image


No comments :

Post a Comment