Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Boston Campus Style: When it's Cold Outside

It's freezing, it's midterms, apartment-hunting is hard, and it's actively sleet-raining in Boston. Suffice it to say, I'm not in the best mood, nor are many of my classmates. I find one of the best pick-me-ups to be putting on a nice dress in the morning. This is a bit tougher in the winter - did I mention the cold? - but it's totally do-able when you have an entire drawer that can barely contain the sheer amount of tights you own. Which I'm not confirming or denying that I do.

IMG_0890

The Boston Common is also a real zen spot for me when stress kicks in. You can't really tell in these pictures, but we were in the big gazebo at the center. Some of the snow from Nemo is still kicking around here in the city, and while it's a pain in the butt in a flooded-crosswalk kind of way, it makes for a really beautiful park. That being said, I get really grumpy about cold weather right around December 26, and I'm very much ready for it to be springtime so I can lay out in the Public Gardens and soak up the sun already! In the meantime, I lament the wind messing up my hair and style all my dresses with thick tights, peacoats, and tall boots in mind. We work with what we get.

This particular outfit was kind of accidentally equestrian inspired with the riding boots and the horse-print dress, then I just took the animal theme and ran with it, accessories-wise. This is kind of a trend in my outfits. My style is essentially "50's American Girl Doll."

(Thank you Z for the pictures!)


IMG_0891


IMG_0897

IMG_0899

Dress: Marshalls
Cable Tights & Riding Boots: Kohl's (Vera Wang and Nine West, respectively)
Peacoat: Guess
Tote: Shakespeare & Company
Earrings: Italian Flea Market (! don't you just love these little guys?)
Necklace: Asos


 



6 comments :

  1. so purdy!!! I feel so proud knowing I was there when you purchased like half of this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Europe is the best place for fun accessories! :) You know the old saying..."when Italy throws you train strikes, get knick knacks in a flea market in Pisa."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you and your blog are so cute! I'm so glad you commented on mine so I can find yours. I think it's a requirement of all fashion bloggers to love bird prints, so naturally I love this dress. Good luck getting through midterms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, Elana! I've been following you for a while on Bloglovin, I just adore your style :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress and earrings are so cute! It's so hard to do outfits when it's so cold out. Glad to have found your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete